LVP operates 3 shifts in a state of the art, clean, temperature regulated facility. Due to our rapid growth, we have frequent openings for qualified applicants. Positions are full-time, permanent jobs with competitive wages, excellent benefits, and demand-based overtime available.
If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging job with an excellent working environment, in a friendly and supportive atmosphere, and would like to become a member of our team, we’d like to hear from you!
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create NC programs for 3-axis, 4-axis and 5-axis milling and routing.
- Process planning of CNC related operations.
- Design fixture for component holding.
- Provide accurate setup documentation.
- Validate NC programs prior to production use by using verification software.
- Approve and place NC programs, setup information on machine server for shop use.
- Perform troubleshooting on CNC programming related problems.
- Participate in troubleshooting on production related items.
- Responsible for the up-keep and maintaining master files of programming and documentation.
- Optimizes programs and manufacturing process for cost affectivity.
- Integrate improved/new cutting tool technology.
- Participate in the improvement process by utilizing Lean Manufacturing methods.
- Propose feasible solutions for future overall process improvements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Plant Manager or Engineering Supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Experience using MasterCAM required.
- Experience with AlphaCAM and CAD a plus.
- Ability to read, understand and create drawings/blueprints.
- Ability to react quickly to changing requirements and new processing developments.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- GS&T knowledge is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred.
- 4+ years machining precision components.
- 4+ years using MasterCam.
- Experience working in a plastics environment a plus.
Outside Sales Representative
Responsible for strategic new business development and relationship management of assigned accounts for individual budget and territory. Responsible for setting and achieving/exceeding new business growth targets. Responsible for setting territory budgets and achieving/exceeding budget. Prepare quotes for the RFQs from the targets in the individual territory and, over time, transition these customers to Inside Sales. Works with Inside Sales as appropriate for new prospects and existing relationships. Works with estimating resources, provides margin targets; gets quote feedback and updates quotes with win/loss. Enters all activity with customers or prospects in CRM tool. Sends out weekly call reports. Uses all available tools for prospecting. Works with Manager to launch marketing campaigns. Represents LVP in the industry.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- As part of the budget process for new business, compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on Hoover’s, information from industry publications, business directories, and existing relationships. Oversees management of these prospects and vetting as appropriate.
- Accurately forecasts annual and quarterly revenue streams.
- Develops specific plans to ensure revenue growth within assigned territory.
- Develops new account sales and growth within the assigned territory.
- Works with Manager to ensure campaigns are acted on and results/feedback is tracked.
- Works with Manager to develop best practices for growth, new business prospecting, “door openings”, “quote receiving”, time management, optimizing travel plans/schedules.
- Ensures prospects and upsell opportunities are being recorded, tracked, worked and closed or shut down.
- Manages relationships with customers and prospects by phone/email; travel for in-person visits as appropriate.
- Presents products and Company capabilities and emphasizes commitment to service and quality.
- Prepares quotes, facilitates account creation, credit terms and sales contract processes for new sales opportunities and prospective accounts.
- Works with key suppliers to secure mutual business through joint calls.
- Reports competitive conditions and feedback from customers to management and through internal processes.
- Stays current on existing and emerging products and technologies.
- Networks internally to keep Inside Sales, Estimating and Manufacturing alliances.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and accurately maintains expense accounts within budget.
- Works with Inside Sales Representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Maintains customer and sales data in Customer Resource Management (CRM) component of Company’s enterprise resource system.
- Swiftly and thoroughly investigates and resolves customer problems or questions.
- Travels throughout assigned territory as appropriate to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders and discuss new engineering solutions utilizing plastics.
- Attends trade shows as appropriate and proactively participates in marketing campaigns.
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field
- Minimum of 8 years experience in manufacturing, preferably in the plastics industry
- Knowledge of Plastic materials and materials applications
- Must be able to read/interpret blueprints and blueprint technical specifications
- Proven track records on new sales development and ongoing account management
- Demonstrated ability to lead people, work collaboratively with colleagues, and get results through leveraging of internal and external relationships
- Has established relationships with material suppliers and familiarity with their capabilities, pricing strategies, and negotiation tactics
- Self-starter and a team player who will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Experience with CRM and ERP systems
The ideal candidate will reside in the Midwest or the Southeast. Will pay relocation expenses for the right candidate.
We currently have openings on 2nd and 3rd shift for experienced machinists with backgrounds in setting up and operating various types of CNC Machines. Some machines include Vertical/Horizontal mills, CNC table routers, CNC turning centers, etc.
The ideal candidate must have attention to detail, desire to produce quality work and ability to operate in a fast-paced job-shop environment. Prior machining experience required set-up experience a plus.
Climate controlled production area; excellent benefits including medical & dental; company paid life insurance and disability; 401(k); paid holidays & vacation. Very competitive wage.
Please apply in person Monday-Friday, 9 am to 4 pm at 187 North Commerce Way, Bethlehem, PA or forward your resume to Kimberly Anders at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What our employees say about Lehigh Valley Plastics
My career at Lehigh Valley Plastics started 10 years ago as a machinist on a CNC milling machine. Since joining the team I have had the opportunity to work in many areas of the production facility as well as to grow and advance within the organization.
LVP has a proven track record of not only maximizing the potential of its employees but also striving to continuously improve processes and operations to provide value to its customers in a demanding business environment.
Jeff Martin – Plant Manager